In minetest v5.1.0, all of the included trains suffer from a lighting bug
where the are 100% brightness all of the time. The subway wagon, Japanese
wagon and engine, industrial locomotive, detailed steam locomotive,
passenger wagon, tank car and logging wagon are all affected.
Modded trains that are not affected are at least the JR E231 and TfL S7
stock tube train, as made by Mainote, available on GitHub. Perhaps the way
these trains are made will give an insight into why the defaults are broken.
Given that I now realise this is is deliberate, I wll repeat here what is
already on the minetest forums: Please don't change something aesthetic
like this without consultation. In my opinion:
- 100% brightness is too bright except for the middle of the day.
- Maybe if the wagons emitted light then it would make some kind of
- If people create poor lighting, that is a problem with their lighting
not with advtrains.
- I can't think of a reason why a rail yard full of box cars should all
glow at night.
- Passenger trains ultimately should have headlights as is frequently
discussed, but fullbright is not a good solution imo.
This is nouw fixed